LASER HAIR REMOVAL
For many men and women unwanted hair is a nuisance, and dermatologist laser hair removal is a gentle and long lasting solution for unwanted hair. Laser hair removal works on any area of the body where smooth skin is desired: underarms, face, neck, legs, shoulders, back, chest, bikini line, and arms. Some important things to remember before any laser hair removal treatment are:
- The results from a laser hair removal treatment may vary from one individual to another, based on factors such as hormonal hair growth patterns, hair type, color of hair, ethnic background and the specific area being treated.
- LHR is for hair with color; gray, white, or red hair will not be detected by the laser.
- Waxing, plucking, or topical hair removal should to be avoided prior to treatment for the laser to be successful. If the follicle is removed the treatment is ineffective.
- The area being treated should be cleanly shaved and must stay out of the sun following the treatment.
- Five treatments are usually needed and touch ups are usually performed once or twice a year.
Who is a candidate?
- Laser hair removal is for hair dark in color; gray, white, blonde, or red hair cannot be detected by the laser
- Some skin types, hormonal hair growth patterns, hair type, ethnic background, and specific area being treated can cause results to vary from one individual to another.
What to expect?
- When you come to receiver your laser hair removal treatment the area being treated must be cleanly shaven and out of the sun prior to treatment.
- You should avoid waxing, tweezing, and any other topical hair removal prior to treatment. If the follicle has been removed the treatment is ineffective.
- You will be sun sensitive after laser hair removal treatments.
- Five dermatologist treatments are usually needed and touch ups are usually performed once or twice a year.