What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic disorder that causes general flushing and redness that comes and goes on the cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. In some cases rosacea can appear as acne bumps (papules) and pimples (pustules). Over time the redness becomes ruddier and more persistent and visible blood vessels may appear. In some cases the nose may become swollen and enlarged from excess tissue.
Symptoms of Rosacea
- Persistent redness
- Visible blood vessels
- Eye irritation
- Burning Stinging
- Tightness of the skin
- Dry appearance
- Skin thickening
Most common triggers
- Sun exposure…avoid sun and always wear sunscreen
- Avoid stress…expect the unexpected don’t overwhelm yourself
- Stay cool….don’t let yourself get overheated if you feel that you are retreat to air conditioning
- Dress cool…keep it light and layer if needed
- Stay hydrated…drink plenty of cool water and mist your face when outside in the heat
- No spices…steer clear of spicy foods, hot beverages, and alcohol
- Keep your routine… Don’t sporadically stop/start your treatment routine you must stay on track for your regimen to be successful
- Avoid harsh products…your skin care routine should be mild over the counter products and your prescribed medications, no harsh scrubs or chemicals that will irritate the skin
Rosacea symptoms can vary from patient to patient so the treatments must be tailored for each individual case. Here at Dermablue we can offer a combination of treatments to provide the most relief as quickly as possible. Various oral and topical meds can be prescribed to treat pimples and redness. Oral antibiotics and topical lotions and gels can reduce inflammation and redness. Cosmetically we offer vascular laser treatments to improve broken capillaries on the face and nose. In addition to medical and cosmetic treatments, you can also improve your chances of maintaining by identifying and avoiding lifestyle and environmental triggers that cause flare ups.